…and while we’re at it, how about another Predator Drone pic…
Lauren over at Zapow liked my joystick icon so much she wanted to move it to the front window!
I filled in the hole left by the joystick with the icon of the cassette. Oddly enough, I initially had a lot of trouble choosing between the two of them. Ultimately I decided to go with the joystick, but now I get to have them both on display. And the increased visibility of the front window can only help!
My piece “Galvanized Electronic Zapping Apparatus (the floating robot head formerly known as ‘Disconnect’) will be featured on the blog Handmadefuzzy tomorrow for their Spotlight Friday. Go check it out!
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!! (and I seriously hope you read that in Professor Farnsworth’s voice)
My space at Zapow is up! As careful observation will reveal, the space includes a handful of original pieces, along with two hanging racks of prints and greeting cards (all very reasonably priced)
For those of you who don’t know, Zapow is a gallery of fun and funky pop culture art and illustration. It’s located on Battery Park Ave. in downtown Asheville.
Be sure to come on by and check out my stuff… and if you’re feeling generous, buy some prints or original artwork. Support local artists! Specifically me, your dear friend who could use a little extra cash ;)
Enjoy the rest of this rainy Sunday evening. The end.
Your Pal, Chris
Pigment liner, watercolor, gouache, and Sharpie on paper. 8” x 10”
When I heard that someone bought Hostess on the same day a new Pope was chosen, it was like the voice of God speaking to me…
I gots myself a new toy - a set of 5 Staedtler pigment liners. I’m really digging the 0.05mm - it’s like a frickin’ hair!
Just a little sneak peak at what I’ve been doing…
1. wood stain and wax have been applied
2. added gold leaf
3. added copper leaf
4. added pearl pigment, using clear polyurethane as the carrier
5. added charcoal, again with polyurethane
I attempted to add some highlights and color to the mountains, but quickly realized that the polyurethane doesn’t bond very well to the wax, and ended up smudging and erasing things. I’m going to try spraying it with a fixative and then going back in, hopefully with better results. If it turns out okay I should have the finished version soon…